About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's Been a While

It's been a while since my last post and we've been busy. Rex had a growth spurt last week and was eating all the time which kept both of us occupied for most of the day and night. He wasn't sleeping much at all and it didn't seem to bother him but I thought I was going to die. I did manage to get his birth announcements sent out, at least most of them, so now I can share my favorite picture of him. I wanted to save it so when people got the announcement, there would be something new on there to see.



We celebrated Rob's birthday this past weekend. It wasn't much of a celebration since it's hard for me to get out of the house to do any shopping for presents or groceries to make him a birthday dinner. I was able to get the groceries but then did not get the dinner started in time so we ordered some burritos to be delivered. They told us it would be 45 minutes to an hour but actually took 1 hour and 20 minutes. Had we known, I would have just made the dinner because it wouldn't have taken much longer than that. I was also able to accomplish the gift shopping though thanks to gift cards and Amazon. Rex got him an iTunes card, I got him a pepper mill (crazy but he's been wanting one for a long time now) and a gift card to Lowe's so he can pick out a circular saw. I have no idea which one to get him- better that he picks it out himself. He got a couple more gift cards to Lowe's and I think he's going to use them to buy a new storm door for the house. Yes, turning 39 is sooo exciting! We will definitely make sure that next year's birthday is way more exciting but here's a picture from our little celebration.



On a side note, I had Amazon gift wrap the pepper mill (which went over very well, by the way) and it looked like a 3 year-old wrapped it! I couldn't believe it. It looked HORRIBLE. It wasn't complimentary either; it cost $4 or $5 if I remember right. I thought it was worth the money though to save me the time but had I known, I never would have paid for that crap. Just a little warning to any of you Amazon shoppers out there.

Finally (because Rex is causing quite a fuss now and I need to go) I had Rob take a picture of me and my baby on Sunday since I don't have too many. I just don't ever think about it but I need to get more of these. So here it is..

5 comments:

Nanette said...

Happy belated birthday, Rob!

And you look GREAT! I can totally see Rex's resemblance to you in that pic, too!

Oh, I was just reading in my breastfeeding book last night about the growth spurts and increased eating. Sorry to hear it took its toll on you. :(

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the pics! How is it that when Rex is in a pic with Dad, he looks like Dad; and when he is in a pic with Mom, he looks like Mom?! Good planning, I guess. Oh, and did I mention that he is the most handsome little boy.....and not only just in Iowa! XOXOXO to Rex from Nana and Papa. XOXOXO to Rob & Shelby, too!

Rachel said...

is that a Cold Stone ice cream cake?

Anonymous said...

Everybody looks beautiful... yes even you Rob!

Love ya

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hey! I got your blog link from Nanette. WoW! Shelby a mom! It is so cool that you and Rob have a new little addition to your family. He is absolutely beautiful! Isn't parenthood the best? Anyway...I will be in touch. Congratulations on little Rex. He is adorable. You all look great! Jill

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio