About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Saturday, October 8, 2011

What Haven't We Been Up To?!

It has been crazy around here for most of September and the first few days of October too. So last time I blogged Rob's parents had just been here and now my parents just visited us too. Here are Nana and Papa with the boys.





They spent 2 weeks in the midwest- some of it here with us and some of it sightseeing through Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan. I feel like I can never say enough about how much we enjoy having our family visit- it is just the best times. Unfortunately I was sick for the first part of their visit but we did manage to have a yard sale during that time. (Oh yes, at least one of us was sick for about half the month of September. Ugh.) When they got back from their road trip though everyone was feeling good and we had a lot more fun then playing cards, going out and having fun with the boys. I also got my dad to help me on a little painting project Rob has been resistant to. I asked if I could take over the fourth bedroom for an office and if I could design it however I wanted. Rob agreed but he wasn't really into my idea of painting stripes on the wall. I was determined to do it though and finally got it done. Here it is.



I think the stripes came out really nice. Now I just have to get everything else in order in the room. We are still trying to finish up the family room project so most of our time is spent there. Rob had his own little painting project going on while I was busy striping the office.



The fireplace bump-out still needs to be painted and there is a good chance it will be the same color as the stripes in the office (the wall color in the two rooms are the same- Churchill Hotel Vanilla). Rob also hung the ceiling fan in the room. He is working on the threshold for the new exterior door right now and trying to get that door all sealed up just in case it ever decides to get cold around here (it has been in the 80's for several days- crazy!). I am sure it will be plenty cold so I am just enjoying the warm weather for as long as we can get it.

The boys are doing what they do best- being crazy and getting into things. Here are some of their greatest hits over the last few weeks.

IMG_3853 - Version 2





Yeah, so they're doing just fine. Rex also started a soccer class a few weeks ago. The parents have to stay the whole time and work with them. It has been fun but Rex would rather just run around than try to learn anything. Rex is best at running and throwing the ball inbounds (the kid can throw a ball like nobody's business- I really should have gotten him into some toddler quarterback class). He also likes kicking the ball at the "goal".





I am setting a new goal to blog once a week, probably on the weekends, so that I can have a deadline to work at. I don't mean to neglect this but I just get so busy sometimes. Thanks to those of you for sticking with me and who keep reading!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio