About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Basketball Pick 'Em Superstar

Remember how I recently said that we were watching a lot of the NCAA basketball tournament?  It was definitely March Madness around here.  Rob and I even filled out brackets.  I did so good- I even had Kentucky and Kansas in the final game with Kentucky winning.  I am proud to say that I made it to the top 1% in ESPN's Tournament Challenge.



I didn't do good enough to win anything but it was my first time entering a bracket in any big challenge like that so I am very pleased with myself.  I can't wait to try it again next year.  Though I didn't win that contest, I did win the bet that Rob and I had going.

It was my birthday on Friday and I had an excellent day.  I went out in the morning and had a little Shelby time, being treated to a massage, pedicure and manicure.  And I set up a deal with the lady who I always go to for massages where I am trading washing the sheets that go on the massage table for a free massage every month.  I am so excited about that.  I pick everything up once a week and she said there are usually about 4 loads to do.  I do so much laundry already, I don't think I will even notice.  Anyhow, the birthday was great.  Here's a picture of my birthday cupcake.


It seems the photographer may have had his thumb over the flash when he took the picture.  Oops.  Then I tried to get a picture of all of us after this but the battery was dead.  Oh well.  I am still happy to get any pictures with me in them because I never seem to remember to do that.

We have been working around the house a lot lately, including out in the yard.  Everything is blooming about 4-6 weeks earlier than usual so it is already getting crazy out there.  Rob has had to mow 2 or 3 times already.  My daffodils have all been done for a while and some of my tulips are already dying too.  The lilacs are really the big surprise though- they are usually in bloom around Mother's Day and they are already blooming right now.  I have to keep reminding myself to enjoy this weather and be glad that it isn't snowing still!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio