About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday to Rex!

Rex turned 4 yesterday- woohoo!  He started the day off by going out to breakfast with Daddy and then came home to find the house all decorated with streamers, signs, banners for his special day.  He kept saying "Wow!" over and over and then told me, "Thank you mommy for putting my birthday up" (not a typo- just how he said it) and he told me that again today.  SO cute!!!  I would decorate the house for him everyday if only he knew how that melts my heart.  We all went out to dinner where he had a cheeseburger and chocolate milk (his favorites) and then went back home for cake and ice cream and presents.

Rex's 4th birthday cake

He got a new scooter...

Riding the Scooter

But first Daddy had to put it together- with one of his helpful assistants.

Wyatt helping with scooter

We got him a doctor's set and coat since he likes to play doctor on everyone- and some monkeys too.

Dr. Rex

But the funniest part of the night was when he opened his stomp rocket and thought it was a CPAP machine (for sleep apnea) like Papa uses.  I was laughing so, so, so much.  Like who would get a 4 year old one of those?

CPAP Machine Rex

He got it figured out eventually though.

Stomp Rocket

So it was a fun day overall and I think Rex really had a good time.  The stomp rocket's future is in jeopardy after he almost took out my right eye with it this morning.  It's been banished to outside and threats have been made if it ever hits me again.  It is a fun toy, we just don't need to shoot it at mommy anymore.  Father's Day was this past Sunday and we had a nice dinner for Rob that night- after he worked all day tiling the bathroom floor.  I don't feel too bad since he was not around for most of Mother's Day and I had to take care of the boys by myself and didn't get any cards or gifts.  I got some belated flowers though which was nice.  Rob got a new DeWalt drill so he can keep making progress on the bathroom remodel.  I also tried to make him a picture like this-




But this was all I got with an uncooperative 2 and 4 year old.

Father's Day Sign

Oh well.  I decided to save the signs for two years and we will try again!


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio