About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blog Amnesia

Usually when I don't post anything for a while, I am still thinking about how I should be doing it or what I could be writing about.  But lately, this thing has not even crossed my mind.  This morning I finally thought about it though so here we are.  I am obsessed with getting my acceptance letter for grad school. I got everything turned in way before the February 1st deadline and I was totally cool with waiting.  Until that deadline hit and now I have no patience whatsoever for them making a decision and  getting my letter to me.  I don't know how I went from completely cool and patient to total anxiety so quickly. Pretty much nothing else besides that crosses my mind so don't feel too bad, blog.  I know I will get accepted and I am pretty confidant that I will be getting an assistantship based on some information I've been gathering.  This is all great news but then it leads to other questions, mainly will I be offered a teaching or research assistantship?  And which professor will I be working with?  I also look at the class schedule for fall online several times a week.  Right now it is just the tentative schedule and I am so curious to see the final schedule so I can pick my classes.  It's not really a big mystery there either- I have to take 4 classes and 3 of them are already locked in for your first semester.  So I get to pick one class.  And I can't wait.  I am so excited.

I've noticed it has been snowing a lot here lately.  I swear we can't go more than two days without it snowing again.  Today is pretty warm (in the upper 40s) so we will get some rain first and then some snow.  Weather reports are all over the place with the amount we will get this time around.  I've heard everything from just 2 inches up to 8 inches.  With the rain coming down first, I can guarantee it is going to be a big old icy, slushy mess.  This is what it looked like on Monday and we got about 3 inches.



I'm guessing we will be in the upper range of that snowfall forecast because we haven't had anything like that yet this winter and we are most definitely due.  Rex's school is out on Friday anyways so that's nice.  I bet they end up canceling tomorrow too.  He better remember to bring his snow pants home this time so we can go play in the snow.  He left them at school all weekend so we didn't get to play in the snow on Saturday or Monday.  It was a bummer.

Rob finished up tiling the bathroom.  I don't have a finished picture to share right now but I will try to get one for the next post.  It looks beautiful but what a nightmare that shower project was.  First he installed a fiberglass tub surround and that was up for about 3 days but he didn't like it.  He didn't think it was strong enough or substantial enough.  He wanted to take it out and tile the whole thing so he did that.  Unfortunately, a couple of days into it, we all got strep throat.  He powered through as best he could to get it finished but we were out a shower for almost 3 weeks.  The guys were taking baths here and I was showering at the gym.  It was crazy.  My gym attendance has never been better though! So happy to have my lovely, newly tiled shower available now.

Sorry I don't have more photos or more stories.  It's been a pretty boring and quiet winter lately.  I think we are planning to go to the Twin Cities next weekend.  I haven't been there in about 5 years- I know I was pregnant with Wyatt at the time.  I can't even believe how long it has been.  We used to go up there all the time!  But with little kids who need naps, traveling seems like such a big production that usually isn't even worth it.  So glad they are getting older and can travel better now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being so patient and helpful with the boys while we fixed the tub surround tile.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio