About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, September 7, 2007

Getting Good at This

It's off to the airport again- this time to Phoenix for a conference for Rob that his employer is sending him to. I didn't really want to be away from him for a week so I'm going for 4 days. I didn't have enough vacation time to go the entire time but that's okay. Since he'll be in classes and things like that all day, I have big plans for working out at the hotel gym and going swimming and reading. That's it. After all the running around we did last weekend, I'm looking forward to just being in one place for this weekend. It's hotter than hot there and I don't think either of us is too excited about Phoenix, but we're trying to make the best of the trip. We leave tomorrow morning so there won't be any postings for a few days while I'm gone. I hope to convince Rob someday that we need a laptop PC but I haven't yet. One good thing about all the traveling? I am a pro at the USPS website when it comes to requesting them to hold our mail.

There wasn't too much going on this past week since we were just getting back home and then getting ready to take off again. I did make some lemon cookies that were very tasty.



They were pretty easy to make too but the bad news? The recipe only made 16 cookies! I made a note of that on the recipe and I think from now on I will always make at least a double batch. That was pretty much the only cooking I did this week. It didn't make much sense to get groceries when we are only home for 4 days.

Tonight, we went to Des Moines and joined Costco so we could finally buy ourselves a new mattress. We had tried out the Tempur-Pedic beds at a local mattress store but those are crazy expensive. We did a lot of research online since there are many other options for memory foam mattresses these days and decided to purchase this one. We're not ready to set it all up yet but that will happen soon. Rob's parents are visiting in less than two weeks and we sleep in the guest room now so that will be a problem when we actually have guests. We have everything we need now for our master bedroom, we just need to paint the room and put it all together. More painting, I can't wait. Seriously, it is very exciting to have everything now and get that much closer to being settled in our house. That is a great feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob,
Paul Lake gave me your blog address so I thought I'd check it out. Congratulations on your marriage, house, new job, and everything!! Your wedding photos are beautiful as are the ones of you working very hard to fix up your new house!! How can I get your email address? All my best to both of you.

Nanette said...

Have fun in Phoenix! Stay cool if ya can!

Rachel said...

I love all of the cookies you are baking! I wish I my computer screen was scratch-and-sniff!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio