About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Nice To Be Home

Though we had a wonderful time in California, it sure feels good to be home. We had a blast with our family, spending time with them and not really doing too much. Though we had fun with everyone, I think there was one family member that we may have had a little more fun with- our niece, Lucy. She was less than a month old when we moved to Iowa and it was great to see how she's changed. She's such a doll! She's seven months old and she has such a great personality that is starting to come through. And she's sooo good- the only time I heard her cry or fuss was when she woke up from a nap. Even then it was more of a "Hey, come and get me!" than an upset or angry cry.

Lucy with her Uncle Rob, making Aunt Shelby's ovaries hurt.


She's teething and everything seems to go straight into the mouth to be chewed on, even Uncle Rob's hat!


Lucy- just being her cute self.


There wasn't really anything too exciting to report. We spent most of the time hanging out with family and eating all our favorite foods that we can't get in Iowa (ahem, In-N-Out, ahem). We stayed with some friends (Brent and Nanette) in LA and ate at Versailles and played Scattegories which made for a fabulous evening. The most exciting thing was running through O'Hare airport, again, after our plane from LAX was late leaving, again, for our flight to Des Moines. Both this time and last time we went to California we had very short layovers in Chicago made worse by leaving late from LAX. And both times we ended up landing only 20 minutes before the next plane was due to take off in another terminal. We sprinted off our plane and made in time though, once again, our luggage didn't make it. It was delivered to us late that night and everything was there so all's well that ends well.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Aunt Shelby, you take fantastic pictures! We miss you! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Nanette said...

When I saw the pic of Rob and Lucy, the first thing I thought was, "I bet that made Shelby's ovaries hurt." :)

Anonymous said...

Well, what do you know about that!! Just like Nanette, I thought the very same thing. It just must be that "genetic thing" again; after all, Nanette is my third daughter, you know! (from) El Kabong

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio