About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Not Getting Any Better

So another week has gone by before I got around to posting on the blog but I have some news- next month is "National Blog Posting Month" and the challenge is to blog every day for the month of November. I'm going to try it and hopefully I can make it.

My parents went home on Wednesday and I was sad to see them go. We won't be making a trip for the holidays and I won't see them again until February. We had a lot of fun playing cards with them quite a few nights while they were here and the guys turned out to be the big winners at the end of the week. My mom and I started to make a comeback but it didn't quite happen. I took Tuesday off while they were here and we went to Pella, a small town with a strong Dutch heritage east of Des Moines. It had a very cute downtown that was inspired by Amsterdam. We had a delicious lunch at the Windmill Cafe and bought a lot of treats at the Jaarsma Bakery.





We took a few days to recover and do laundry and clean up but we did go out on Saturday. We went to Des Moines to do some shopping where I got some new shoes (except mine are in black), some stuff for the kitchen and Rob got his shaving supplies which I like to refer to as his "Man Make-Up." We also went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then came home. Apparently we don't get out too much during the evening hours because we were shocked to see all the Halloween decorations that people had up. I've never seen houses with lights on them for Halloween! I took a picture of one to share as an example.



I can't wait to see what people do around here for Christmas!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Woo hoo! I'm glad you're taking the NaBloPoMo challenge! And those shoes are CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelby,
The last time I went to visit relatives in Ohio was early October 1993. I was amazed at all of the Halloween decorations that were out so early. It was pretty cool.

-Joe S.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio