About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend Review

I haven't written much lately because it seems we haven't done anything very exciting lately. See below for proof.



Does everyone care that we ordered a Dumpster for yard waste last weekend and we have been pulling weeds and cleaning up the back yard since then? Probably not. The back yard has been, and continues to be, a struggle for us because I think it was neglected for a while and now we're stuck trying to get it back in shape. It will be wonderful someday but this is something that really takes some time to do. Our front yard looks great and I've been excited because my clearance-rack Dahlia bulbs started blooming this past week and they look great (they're yellow). I had no hopes for them because they were totally cheap and I planted them rather late but they are doing wonderful.

So this weekend we barbecued steaks on Friday night and I watched Pushing Daisies that I had recorded from Wednesday night. It had gotten a lot of great reviews so I decided that I would give it a try. I am giving no other shows a try because I already think I have too many. Anyhow, it was a little bizarre but in a great way. I wouldn't say I'm hooked after only the first show but it's looking that way. On Saturday, I went to the gym (Rob's back has been hurting so he stayed home) and then we went out to lunch and I picked up a new Barenaked Ladies album. So it turns out it has been out since February and I just now figured it out. For a big fan of BNL, I sure blew that one. We worked a little around the house, ordered pizza and watched We Are Marshall. I knew it would make me cry but I couldn't believe how much. I gave up after a little more than an hour because I just kept crying almost the whole time. I decided that was not a fun way to spend my evening so I ended up reading my book instead while Rob finished watching the movie. Today, we went to church, the grocery store, mowed the lawn, cooked a little and I baked some Snickerdoodles. They're very good if you like that kind of cookie, which I don't really. But that's good because then I'm not tempted to eat them. I'm sending them to work with Rob so he can share them. I love to bake but two people don't need 4 dozen cookies. Here's a picture of them.



Besides that, I've been busy posting some more photos from our wedding that our photographer took on my Flickr site so check that out if you are totally bored sometime :o)

1 comments:

Nanette said...

I love hearing about your house progress, even ordering Dumpsters!

I'm also a bad BNL fan as I haven't gotten that album yet either.

I was ooohing over your newly posted photos last night. :)

And those cookies look yummy!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio