About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, November 10, 2008

The First Tooth

We had a big development on Friday here at our house. Rex was being kind of crabby which is unusual for him so I wasn't sure what was going on with him. Rob left work at noon so we could all go to a store about 25 minutes away so we could look for stone or tile to set our new corn/pellet stove on. I wasn't too sure how Rex would do with the trip since he was clearly having a rough day but we tried it anyhow. He actually did great until the last 10 minutes or so on the ride home. He grabbed at my finger and started chewing on it and I thought I felt something kind of sharp in there but wasn't real sure. After we got home and fed the guy, I looked in his mouth and saw a little bit of a tooth poking through his bottom gum! Poor guy- at least I finally understood why he was feeling a little grumpy that day. I would love to get a picture of it but I think it would be easier to get a photo of the Loch Ness Monster- he's just not real big on letting anyone even look in his mouth. His other big thing lately is attempting to crawl but I think it will still be a while. Here are some pictures of him trying though.





There was also excitement when we woke up last Friday morning and discovered that it had snowed! It snowed a little more that day and on Saturday too but melted pretty quickly. It makes me so excited for Christmas! It's hard to believe I took Rex on a walk just three days before and it was so hot (in the 70s) that I was wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip-flops. I took this picture Friday morning but a lot of it was already gone.



I am starting a new routine this week so I can fit some time in at the gym. I only have 7 more pounds to go to get back to my pre-Rex weight. The problem is those 7 pounds are being very stubborn and it looks like I am going to have to actually work out more than 1-2 days a week to get them off. I got up this morning at 4:40 a.m. so I could be at the gym at 5:00 a.m. when it opens. Everything went really well- at least so I thought until I got home at 6:10 and noticed the kitchen lights were on. Uh oh. I thought Rex was finally sleeping good enough that going to the gym in the morning would work out perfectly. He would be asleep, Rob would be asleep and I could be back and showered before anyone woke up. Hmm. Seems Rex woke up at 5:15 this morning instead of his usual 7:00-7:30 time. I'm going to keep it up though because this had to be a fluke- I'm sure he'll do better tomorrow :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow already?? And getting up at 4:40 to go to the gym? You're such a stud! Rex is getting cuter and cuter by the day! Miss you!
Tricia

Shan Kat said...

Wow, you only have 7 more pounds to go? I have 6 more, but that took me 8 months, haha. Good work!

I'm so glad Rex had the worst of it in only one day. Wyatt was crabby and chewing on everything for like a MONTH before his first two teeth finally cut!

He's such a cutie, by the way!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio