About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



I know there are a lot of people out there who think Halloween is an awful and evil day but I refuse to let it be that. It is a fun day where kids and adults can dress up in costumes and eat candy. What's not to like about that? How can a day where I get to dress up Rex to look like a penguin be bad? He's adorable! So I got Rex his penguin costume a few months ago thinking that the nice padded outfit with feet and a hat would be good because certainly it would be cold on Halloween. HA! It's almost 70 degrees today. We took cookies and candy to my former place of employment so he could wear his costume somewhere since he's not going to be trick or treating. We were going to take cookies to Rob at work too but one outing in the outfit was all he could handle. So more cookies for us- that's not so bad.

We've had a lot going on lately. We had a wonderful visit from Rob's sister (Rachel), her husband (Jon) and our niece (Lucy) about two weeks ago. They had not been to Iowa yet so Rob showed them around a little and they were able to meet Rex for the first time which was great. I was trying to get a picture of Rachel with the kids but trying to get a 20-month old kid and a 4-month old baby to both hold still for a photo at the same time is impossible.



The day after they left, the three of us headed to the airport so we could all go to California. Rob was going to work on a race car and Rex and I could visit family. Rex did great all through security and waiting to get on the plane but when we were seated on the plane, I thought he started looking a little iffy. I knew he was not too sure about what was going on and was definitely uncomfortable with all of it. Then the pilot started talking and the speakers were pretty loud and Rex just totally lost it. He's only cried like that two other times where he was just screaming and inconsolable. I realized that the flying thing was not a good idea. So Rex and I got off the plane and Rob went to California to race. He had a pretty good time when he was racing but we were all pretty miserable other than that. We decided the family being apart for a week was not a good idea and that we would not be doing that again. Hopefully he will get better about it but I don't think we'll be trying flying again for a while.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

My favorite penguin :-) How cute!

Nanette said...

Cutest penguin ever! Em doesn't have an official "costume" but we'll take some fun, dressed-up photos of her this evening when Brent gets home.

I'm sorry to hear that your CA flight didn't happen. :( Does that mean you won't be here for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Did Rob tell you I saw him (TOTAL RANDOMNESS) at George's in the Galleria?? I had to do a double-take..."Wait, you don't LIVE here anymore.." It was nice to see him, although I would have preferred seeing you and Rex ;)
Belinda

Shan Kat said...

Okay, too cute! Love the penguin costume!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio