About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Feeding Time at the Zoo

Feeding Rex gets to be more and more of an adventure with every passing day. We tried a biter biscuit a week or two ago.



Although he took a few nibbles at it, I discovered that he would rather bang it on the tray than actually eat it.



The sippy cup doesn't always work for him so we tried to pass some water to him using a straw. He doesn't drink out of the straw- we put the straw in the cup and get water in it then put our finger over the end then let the water dribble into his mouth. It didn't work out so good but I think he may like snorkling with his dad though someday.



Rex has a similar trick with his spoon. Now that he has two teeth on top to match the two on the bottom, he likes to catch things between the teeth and hold on. I think he is part crocodile because it is impossible to get that spoon loose sometimes.



Finally, he has learned to hold his bottle all by himself while he drinks it. What a treat for me!



So those are Rex's latest accomplishments in the world of food. He is eating meats now though we have to disguise it in with the vegetables because he can not stand the taste of the meat by itself. Please don't let him know what we are up to!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

love it!!!!!!!!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio