About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Latest

It was so beautiful here last week- sunny and warm and so nice. This was the high for Thursday:



I got out the stroller, dusted it all off and got it cleaned up and we hit the road. Well, actually the sidewalk- I wouldn't take my baby for a walk in the middle of the road!



We actually took two walks that day- one in the afternoon and then Rob joined us for a walk in the evening. The lovely weather came to an end though the next day. It rained a bunch (A BUNCH!) Friday night, yesterday and was still going this morning. Unfortunately, sometime around lunchtime today, it started looking like this:



Ugh. Oh well- we picked up a couple of movies at the library on Saturday so we had those to watch. Rob picked Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and I got Send Me No Flowers. I couldn't get into his movie so he's finishing it now while I do this. I don't think he'll be too into my Rock Hudson-Doris Day flick so I'm planning on watching that tomorrow while he is at work.

One of the bad things about moving to a new place is that you miss the restaurants back home. Mainly it is In-N-Out and mexican food for me but I also miss Versailles' Cuban food in LA. Not that I got to go there a lot but a few times a year, certainly. I decided last week to make some Lechon Asado for myself since I have no trips to LA planned anytime soon. Using parts of different recipes I found online, I came up with a decent version of a Versailles plate of roasted pork, black beans, rice and fried plantains.



The owners of Versailles don't need to worry though- their Cuban food is still far superior. Except for maybe the black beans. I liked mine better actually. But it was nice to have something similar out here.

Rex is doing great. I wrote a whole other post just about him before I wrote this one and I'll put it up in another day or two. Until then, here is a picture of Rex and his mommy.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yum! Food looks good! Babalooooo!!!

Nanette said...

Watch out, Versailles!

Glad you're having some great weather! And you two look FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! And I'm LOVIN that polka dot blankie next to you guys! :)

Belinda

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio