About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another Quick Recap

I made my last trip to the Des Moines airport yesterday and sent our last summer visitor back to California (unless someone is planning to surprise us with a last minute trip!) . My dad came to see us for a few days and it was really nice- we had not see him for almost a year. We didn't do a whole lot which was just fine. It was nice to just be together and enjoy the company.




We haven't been up to much lately besides spending time with our visitors. Rob and I made it to one of the three movies we wanted to see this summer, Star Trek (this was several weeks ago). We missed Wolverine but we WILL make it to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. We are going to get a babysitter for Rex and both go. Rex has not been left with anyone (other than grandparents) since I quit working so we'll see how it goes. I think he'll do fine for just 2-3 hours. Let's see, what else have we been up to? Ah. Rex and I did a little shopping in Des Moines yesterday after our trip to the airport. I got a new external hard drive at the Apple Store. Lame, but I am totally excited. We picked up a few other things but if you can believe it, those were even more lame than the hard drive so I will skip that.


It rained last night and today but it had not rained for about 10 days before that. I have to share this picture though of the previous storm. Nothing too shocking except this was taken at 9:00 A.M.!!!



The sky got sooo black. It was so dark and eerie- it totally creeped me out. Rob was at work during this and I was really wishing he was at home. As it turned out, the storm passed pretty quickly and was not too bad really. I have more to share about Rex has been up to lately but I will save that for the next post!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio