About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Next Sir Hilary

As shown in the previous post, Rex can climb like Sir Edmund Hilary. He can't quite walk on his own but he can climb, cruise and walk if he is holding onto someone. He has been able to pull himself up in the crib for a few weeks now but only if he was sitting. As of yesterday, he can now stand up from a laying down position. Uh oh.



Naptime was a little tricky today, needless to say. He was tired and it was definitely time for a nap, but he decided to pull himself up and do laps around the crib. I listened to all the commotion on the baby monitor for a while and figured out what was going on. I finally took him out and put him in the jumperoo, knowing he would be asleep in no time. About 3 minutes later, he was out. So I scooped him out of the jumperoo and placed him in his crib where he is peacefully slumbering now and probably dreaming of his next big expedition.

He has been doing really good with transitioning to big kid food instead of baby food and I think I'm going to stop buying any more of the baby food. We'll finish what we have here but that's it. We also need to eliminate the morning bottle, which leaves just one in the evening and then get rid of that one too.

Well, I have lots of chores that need to be done and I better get to it before nap time is over!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio