About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, June 4, 2010

Naptime

Holy cow- both kids are asleep right now and I have a few quick moments to blog. I wasn't sure when I would have a chance again. Rob's parents were here to visit and help us while Wyatt was born. They were so much help to us and it was a sad day when they left this Tuesday. To make matters worse, that was the day I got sick. Little infection, lot of fever and a total mess. I got some antibiotics from the doctor and am on the mend now but it's been a really rough few days at our house. Tuesday was also the day we had Wyatt's 2-week-old check up with the pediatrician. He's quite the healthy guy and healthy eater- he gained 13 ounces in 11 days. Everything looked good and there were no shots- just the kind of appointments we like to have. I got this picture of him a few days ago with his eyes open (a rare thing since he sleeps so much of the time). Very serious baby.



Rob's dad helped him build a gate and trellis on the side of our house. We used to have one there but it was falling apart and the paint was peeling off the thing so Rob took it out a while back. Now that we have a little boy who likes to run around the yard, it seemed like a really good idea to get that gate back up. The little boy who caused all the work decided to pitch in.

He helped dig the holes for the posts with his dad.


Then he decided he would rather sit back and supervise...


And let somebody else do all the work.


The three of them did a great job- it is coming together very nicely though it isn't quite done yet.


So, to recap, Wyatt is doing great, I am getting better, and Rob and Rex make a good team. I'm even managing to do okay with the two of them while Rob is at work and I'm on my own. It should seem like cake then once I'm feeling good again, right? We took a walk today and I used the double stroller to tote around my boys. With 90+ pounds of stroller, car seat and kids to push around, I was surprised at how easy it was to steer and maneuver. There are a couple of places where we go uphill some and that was tough but besides that, it was not bad.



Wyatt should be getting up soon so I better wrap this up. Don't want him to wake up, start crying and then wake his brother up too! But first, one more picture of my two boys.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio