About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Do you see the problem here?

I have begun my Christmas shopping and would like to get it all done by the end of this weekend.  We'll see.  I'm not doing too good so far though with it- check this out.



So instead of the crocheted Mickey Mouse I ordered for Wyatt, I got peel and stick Fantastic 4 wall borders.  Or maybe it's all the Marvel Heroes, I guess.  It doesn't really matter though because it is not appropriate for my almost 19 month old son.  Someday, it would be awesome.  But not right now.  Now I get to fix Christmas gift orders in addition to trying to finish my shopping.  Geez.

Things around here are really good besides that.  Rob spent the weekend hooking up all the electronic stuff in the family room.



We have the tv and all related equipment out there now as well as our couch, chair and some other furniture.  I need to take more pictures of the family room and what's going on with the living room too but that will have to be for the next posting.  We put up an artificial tree in the family room with some cheap little decorations and hopefully it will all be little boy proof because they were all over it as soon as it went up.



The decorations and tree are holding up pretty good so far.  It is really nice not having to worry about them spilling water out of the tree stand so that right there makes the artificial tree worth it.  Generally, I despise them but for now, it works much better for our family.  I got some fresh garland and put it up around the house hoping that would bring in that wonderful Christmas tree smell but as it turns out, not so much.  It looks good though even if it doesn't have that wonderful tree smell I was wanting.

It snowed the other day a little bit and Rex couldn't wait to get out in it.  He tried to catch it in his mouth and even make snow angels.





I didn't tell him to do either of those things either.  He just went for it.  I laughed so hard when he tried to do the snow angels.  I told him he was going to need a little more snow on the ground for that to work.  We still haven't had too much at this point but I'm sure he will get the chance to do snow angels before too long.

Since I am always the photographer, I rarely manage to get in the pictures but here are some I got lately with my boys.

In the snow with Rex-


Hanging out with Wyatt-


Well, I think I will go contact Disney customer service now and see about getting a Mickey Mouse doll instead of the Marvel Heroes' wall border.  Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Whoa. That IS quite a Disney mix-up! Hopefully they didn't do that with the other delivery a certain someone sent. ;)

And I love Rex's "snow angel." And the pics of you!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio