About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, March 12, 2012

Painted Enamel Vases

This weekend I pinned some painted enamel vases that I liked.



The project was from the Sugar and Charm Blog.  Anything that involves me painting is a little sketchy but this looked like something easy enough for me to handle.  I have a ton of old glass vases around the house that could use a little help so it was a cheap project too.  I picked up some enamel paint at Hobby Lobby- here are my supplies.



The way it was described, it seemed like the paint would just flow all over the vases and give it a nice smooth coat.  Maybe that is what the conditioner was for (I didn't use any- the instructions on the paint said to clean with alcohol and go so that was what I did).  I couldn't find any conditioner at the Hobby Lobby and since the paint directions didn't say anything about it, I skipped it.  My paint was thick and a little harder to work with though I am happy with the end result.



The color is great and I can't wait to set them out in the living room.  They still need a little touching up but I wanted to get this post up to share for Pinteractive.


Nannersp


In case any of you are wondering how the fireplace scrap wood wall project is going, we have all the wood on the wall now.  Yay!!


We are going to caulk and paint it still and then I will do a big reveal for a future Pinteractive post, maybe even as soon as next week.  I think it would be a lot of fun to do this all over a full wall and leave unpainted too- I just don't know if we have the patience for that much scrap wood installation.  I am so very happy with how our project is turning out though.  Rob and I talk about it all the time, how it feels like a real fireplace now (even though it is electric) instead of some little toy.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Those vases are great! And your fireplace is looking good!

Thanks for linking up, as always.

:)

Anonymous said...

Love both your projects. You guys are clever, crafty, imaginative, and handy. Keep up the good work. See you all soon. San Clemente is beautiful and we're having a good time. Love you all, Nana (MOM)

Deanna @ TheChangingHouse said...

Great idea, and great colour! Those turned out fantastically!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio