About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, December 30, 2013

The Story Of Our Card

I have gotten a few questions about our Christmas card and if there is a story behind the picture.  Indeed there is.  Since most of you have gotten the card by now, here is the story.  And here is the picture from our card to bring you up to speed if you don't have one (it was cropped in the card but this was the whole shot).


I saw a Christmas card photo that had kids blowing snow at the camera and it looked so neat.  Here is the picture I saw.


Pretty cool, right?  Like so many things I pin, this didn't quite go as planned.  For one thing, you probably need better equipment than your iPhone camera.  More cooperative and older subjects would undoubtedly help as well.  Here is the closest I got.


I'm starting to think the kids in the perfect photo aren't actually blowing real snow.  That probably added to this Pinterest fail.  Anyhow, we were doing this a few times and then the last time, Wyatt ended up getting his snow all back in his face.  I didn't see it happen but all of a sudden he was bawling and you can see that little bit of snow under his chin.  That was the end of the photo shoot.  When we got back inside and I got the photos off the camera and onto my computer, Rob and I were just laughing so hard at the one of Wyatt crying.  It isn't an unfair characterization of him either- he looks like that a fair amount of the time.  Probably because he is the little brother and always thinks he is getting picked on or missing out on something.  So Rob and I talked about it and decided to use that photo, hoping everyone else would think it was as funny as we did. And someday when Wyatt gets older and finds this card in our 2013 scrapbook, he will probably be mad all over again.  I don't care though because I am sure I will still think it is funny!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest/funniest Christmas card we've ever received. They look so natural!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio