About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Freezing Rain? Isn't that what snow is??

Or hail or something? Just moving to the midwest, I am learning a TON about all the different kinds of winter precipitation there is out here. Back home in California, there was some rain, a little bit of hail and the very rare snow. But yesterday and today, they kept forecasting "freezing rain" and I had no idea what they were talking about. So here is a little lesson for all my California readers who may not have known about this either. It seems it comes down as rain, but then when it hits the ground (or cars, buildings, landscaping or anything stationary) it turns to ice right on that object. It's actually very pretty on trees (sorry I can't seem to get the first picture turned the right way)...


But not so pretty on the sidewalk that you have to walk on!

Thankfully, there was some hail yesterday that froze in there too so you can at least get a little traction. Rob and I aren't planning on going out much today though. We'll just take it easy and enjoy the new warm apartment and later, the yummy roast that is cooking in our crockpot.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It all looks very pretty and COLD!!

So why did you move out there? Your husband had a job out there? Am I being too nosey?

Rachel said...

BRRRRRRRR!!! I'm getting cold just looking @ the pictures! Hope you're enjoying your dinner. Jon & Del are outside pulling weeds and cleaning the pool...maybe we'll fire up the spa soon! I've got to get a fresh supply of Orangina :) Miss you and Love you!
Rachel and Lucy

Shelby said...

For Michelle...

We moved out here for better air, less traffic, less crime, better cost of living and the wonderful people. We both found great jobs out here too. We are really liking it so far!

Nanette said...

Wow! Great pics!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio