About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, February 23, 2007

My Sugar Daddy



So far, Rob is the only one of us to start working- that is a photo of him on the university campus where he works. We both got jobs here in the town we live in but his start date was Monday of this week- the day after we got to town. I set mine up so that I would start two weeks later so I could have some time to organize the apartment and do all the name changing things that go along with getting married. It's been kind of fun playing housewife and setting up our first home but it is starting to get a little old. The apartment is in fairly good order. At least everything except for Rob's clothes which he has been too busy to get too. The weather is looking pretty crazy right now so I think we'll be spending lots of time indoors this weekend so he'll have plenty of time to get his stuff all set up. Right now, it's hailing and there is thunder and lightning. Welcome to the midwest.

I've been to Target and the Hy-Vee (the local grocery store) several times and even managed to get the kitchen in order enough to cook our first dinner here last night. Nothing outstanding but it was nice to eat a homecooked meal. I'm pretty sure it was the first one we've had in about a month. I've done lots of laundry - we hadn't done any since before we got married. Although I've enjoyed the housewife time, I'm looking forward to starting my job.

The storm is getting a little nasty and I think I better post this while I still can just in case the electricity goes out!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio