About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, May 30, 2008

The Answer is Yes

The answer is definitely yes- large babies do run in the family. Here he is to prove it- the 8 pound, 1 ounce wonder! That's the top of his head on the right side of the photo and you can see the profile of his face with his little forehead, nose, mouth and chin.



So 8 pounds and 1 ounce may not seem like that big of a baby but just remember- that measurement was when I was 1 day short of being 36 weeks pregnant. There are still 29 days until my due date! Babies should weigh about 5.5 or 6 pounds at this point, not a little over 8. We had the ultrasound on Wednesday and that was what they came up with. After talking with the doctor, the plan is to wait it out a little and if I get to the 39th or 40th week and he still hasn't made his big entrance, there will be another ultrasound to determine his size at that point. If he's more than about 9.5 pounds, then we'll discuss all the options. But after the doctor checked me out, she discovered that I am already 2.5 cm to 3 cm dilated and I'm probably not going to last too much longer. My mom thinks I should be in the hospital at this point but actually, I could be stuck like this for another week or two before the contractions really kick in and labor starts. And then it could be any day so we're just waiting to see what happens. The car seat's in the car, the suitcase is sitting out on the bed and his room is ready to go so whenever it happens, we'll be ready for it. Our birthing class is not until next Saturday so I'm kind of hoping he doesn't come before that but I'm sure we'll manage if he does. His dad has promised him a shiny new bike if he comes before that class because Rob does not want to go to it which I think is pretty funny and I told him I will hold him to that. He's not going to cheat the baby out of the bike just because baby can't hear or understand. If he holds up his end of the deal, there will be a shiny new bike for him, I promise. Here's what his room has ended up looking like.





Here's one last photo of me. I was not too pleased with the previous one and don't care for this one either. I'm just so big now that I'm at the end of all this and it's impossible to look cute! I may not make it another week to take any more photos either so it's definitely looking like this will be the last one. So here is my 36 week and 1 day photo.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

It's impossible for you to not look cute! In the words of Billy Crystal..."you look marvelous!"
You're almost there!

Anonymous said...

You look great Shelby. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You both look cute to me!! Might I be prejudiced? I don't think so! Love Ya All...El Kabong

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful!!! MOMMY!!!

Can't wait to see the little guy!!!

Dawn

Nanette said...

I agree - you and the baby are both super cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! 8 lbs. already??!! Shelby, you look awesome! I cannot wait to hear all about your little guy's entrance into the world. I love you to pieces and THANK YOU so much for the card. It means so much.
Tricia

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio