About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, May 16, 2008

Don't Drop the Baby!

Actually, the baby is dropping itself. Early last week I thought I had noticed that he moved down some but I wasn’t real sure. When I went to see my doctor on Friday and she measured my belly, she noticed it then. She gave me a quizzical look and said, “Have you dropped since you were in here last?” I told her that I thought so but wasn’t too sure. She said I was measuring different and that she was pretty sure I had. So, he’s getting closer to being ready! I thought it was a little early still but when I did some reading last weekend, I found it could happen anytime from about where I am up until the day you go into labor. As the it says if you follow the link, it makes the heartburn and breathing issues better but makes the trips to the bathroom much more frequent. I was a little nervous maybe he was going to be early since he had already dropped. A little early, like a week or so, is fine with us- great even. However, anything before our birthing class on June 7th is not good. I know we waited pretty late to schedule that but it’s a long story and we did try for something earlier- it just didn’t work out that way.

I’m afraid we aren’t terribly exciting these days. I haven’t posted anything for a while because there has not been much going on. We’re just enjoying the last bit of peace and quiet around the house that we’ll have for the next 20 years or so. We keep working around the house and in the yard, preparing for all the grandparents and people who will be visiting this summer and for our new resident. Rob and I did make a date to go to lunch tomorrow and then see Iron Man. I just love comic book movies. I’m not sure why- I don’t think I’ve ever read a comic book in my life. I also love comic book shows- I can’t wait to see some Heroes again on tv! I guess they won’t be back for a while though. I am planning a little shopping trip this afternoon when I get done with work to do one final trip for things we still need for the baby. Actually, I will need one more trip after that to Babies R Us since that’s the only place around I can find the Born Free bottles and we need a few more of those. Everything else we really need I can get here in town and I just want to have everything and be done with it.

I promise to take a picture of myself when I get home today and add it to this posting. I just keep forgetting to do that before I change out of my cute work clothes and into my sweats. And I am not putting a picture of me up in my sweats!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

I'm sure you look just as fabulous in your sweats as you do your work clothes. :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio