About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, May 5, 2008

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Look at our front yard now!





I know I keep posting photos of our yards, especially the front yard, but I just can't believe how much it keeps changing and how much better it looks every day. I love how all the groupings of the different kinds of bulbs turned out. And now that the tulips are all blooming, there is so much color there and it looks so good- if I do say so myself. If you look on the far side of the driveway, you can even see a few over there too. There is still one kind of tulip that blooms a little bit on the late side that hasn't opened yet and then the giant allium are still growing like crazy and I'm not real sure when they'll be at their peak. I imagine it will be in the next few weeks though. There is still plenty of other things in there too that are just starting to peek through or green up that we'll be enjoying throughout the spring and summer. It is so nice to be able to do these things in our yard this year and work on something besides the kitchen.

I convinced Rob to watch 27 Dresses with me this past weekend and we both enjoyed it. Although he may not admit to it, he really did- I heard him laughing several times. Other than that, it was a pretty quiet weekend around the house, working on projects and chores and enjoying one of the last few weekends in a house with just the two of us. We're making our own changing table attachment for the dresser we have already so we worked a little on that but it's not ready yet. We are actually getting pretty close to being ready though. We still need a few things but I think if he came tomorrow, we'd be okay. I mean that in a "we have the supplies" way- I don't know if we'd be quite ready mentally for it. Our birthing class starts tomorrow night at the hospital and I'd prefer to have that class completed before he gets here. Now that I've started thinking about what there is still to do, it seems like a lot more than I first thought. Yikes- glad I still have 7 1/2 weeks to go!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Your yard looks great!!!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio