About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, September 5, 2008

Take This Job and ...

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted anything! Sorry to everyone out there but our life has been so crazy. SOOO crazy. I went back to work on Monday, August 25th and it was terrible. I missed my baby so much. Rex actually seems to do just fine at daycare but Rob and I were a wreck. Wouldn't you want to spend your days with this guy?



So Rob and I spent a lot of time last week figuring out how we could make it on one income. That was one of the major reasons for moving to Iowa- for me to stay home with the kid. I met with my bosses on Thursday last week and told them I was quitting and gave them my two weeks notice. It was pretty hard because they've all been so great to me and I enjoy working there. I have nothing bad to say about anyone or anything there. If I didn't like it, it would have been much easier to tell them "See ya" but it was kind of difficult. I made it through though and we are really looking forward to me staying home with Rex. We won't have the budget to do lots of fun things and go to fun places anymore but it's worth the sacrifice. I've had so many people at work tell me that I'm doing the right thing and I'll be so glad I am home with Rex. I have no doubts about that. So now I've got just one more week of work and that's it! It is really weird though too- I've had a job almost constantly since I was 16. I'll still have a job though- just no money in the bank account to show for it!

I forgot to mention it in the last post, but at Rex's two-month check-up he weighed 14 pounds and 10 ounces. Holy cow! It's been a couple weeks and I'm sure he's gained another pound by now. He eats so much. In fact, I need to go take care of that really soon here. He coos a bunch now and giggles and it has to be the best thing ever. I can sit there for hours and watch him- Rob can too. And that's a good thing since we will probably be giving up our cable tv now!

*Note: The title of this post previously was "Take This Job and Shove It" but Rob pointed out that it didn't sound too good. I didn't mean anything bad towards the people I work with or my job so I'm sorry if anyone thought that. It wasn't my intention.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the title of your post :-)
I'm so excited for you...it's the greatest thing to be a stay-at-home wife and mommy!
Love you guys,
Auntie Rachel

Angie said...

You are going to love staying at home with Rex, watching him grow up!

Chastity said...

You will love being a SAHM! It's definitely worth the financial sacrifice!!

Nanette said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio