About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Crink Crink!

We had a very nice christmas here at home with our family- or should I say a nice "crink crink". Rex says "crink crink" instead of "christmas" which is a lot of fun. He told everyone "Merry Crink Crink!" and he loved to go look at all the "crink crink lighties" that people had up on their houses. Anyhow, Rob had Christmas Eve and the day before that off too which was really nice. He and Rex helped me out with my eggnog sugar cookies. I made the dough, rolled it out and cut out the cookies and then handed them off to the two of them for decorating.



Rex was really, really, really into it. He would get a little mad if he ran out of cookies to decorate so I had to hurry up and make sure I was getting them ready for him fast enough. He wouldn't get off that chair he was standing on either until we were totally done. It was pretty cute. He didn't have his usual 2-3 hour nap that day so he was pretty spun out by bedtime. It seems a multi-vitamin does the same thing to him as they do to me- gives us a big shot of energy and then we can't sleep. So he had the vitamin with his lunch and then when he laid down right after, it was not happening. Christmas Eve was a very long day and we didn't get up until after 9:00 a.m. Christmas morning. We unwrapped all our gifts and had a lot of nice stuff.





Santa brought Rex a digital camera, a Buzz Lightyear toy and a pillow pet- the monkey, of course. Wyatt got a bunch of toys and the bear pillow pet. He seemed to really like the little Curious George stuffed animal my sister sent for Rex though. Rex wanted to get his hands on some of Wyatt's toys too so I'm sure they'll all be mixed together before long. We gave Rex a big tool set that is pretty realistic looking and just as I thought, he loved it. He's been drilling on the book shelf, grinding the kitchen cabinets and here he is welding on the living room wall.



Note to Rex- the goggles work better if they are covering your eyes instead of your forehead. All the toys and books and clothes were a lot of fun but this is my favorite picture of the day. I just love seeing them in their matching Christmas jammies on Christmas morning.



Rob did pretty good with presents but mine was better- I got an electric smoker. This may sound like a weird present but I really wanted it. For several months out of the year, we can't barbecue. Total bummer. So, a lot of people here in Iowa have smokers to cook their meat in. A lot of them barbecue in their garage too but the way ours is set up, that's not possible. Now I have to go to the store and get some meat so we can try that thing out!

I had the flu last weekend and it was bad. That's what I get for not getting my flu shot, I guess. Thankfully the guys all have their shots so I didn't get them sick. I will be going to Walgreens this week to get mine- I don't want to get it twice. Getting the flu the week before Christmas is no good but I am so happy I didn't have it on Christmas. I had most of my Christmas shopping and chores all under control so it wasn't too bad. Anyhow, there wasn't a lot going on around here leading up to Christmas. And yesterday we spent a lot of time trying to find homes for all the new toys and books and washing new clothes. Santa left Rex a "Mao meow" (that's Mickey Mouse to the rest of us) shirt that he is so anxious to wear. It's all ready to go for today. He was not too happy with me that he couldn't wear it yesterday- sorry, kid. It was a good thing his other favorite shirt with trains on it was available. We had to bring up a bookshelf out of the basement to put in Rex's room for all his toys. I've been asking Rob to do that for a few months but now it had to be done. A lot of toys that used to be in the living room are in his room now which is great for two reasons. First, they are not in the living room anymore. Yay for that. Second, it makes Rex's room feel more like his space now that his stuff is in there.

I think I've babbled on about Christmas long enough now. Hope everyone else had a great Christmas too!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio