About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy 4 Year Anniversary To Us!

Rob and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary today. Yay for us! We didn't celebrate too big because our boys make that kind of tough. At 2 years old and 8 months old, they are just too much work for a high school kid to babysit and since no family is close by, we decided we better stay at home. We were going to get take out but with all the blizzard warnings going on and lots of snow, I made dinner instead. I made a roast with potatoes and carrots, buttermilk biscuits, jello and carrot cake for dessert.



My bundt pan is shaped kind of crazy and makes cakes look a little funky when frosted.



Here are our dinner guests that joined us-



I don't mind having them joining us but I did tell Rob that I hope it is the first and last anniversary dinner we share with them. I feel a little bad saying that but we need at least one day out of the year to celebrate us and enjoy each other's company without any interruptions. I gave Rob The Pacific on dvd- nothing says "I love you!" like World War II. Seriously, he really wanted to see it and was very happy with his gift. I purchased a food processor that was part Christmas and part anniversary gift. It came in really handy for grating all the carrots for the carrot cake! I think Rob really benefits when I get new things for the kitchen so I think those are his favorite kinds of gifts. And not that he picks them out, I want them and I pick them out. This isn't a Father of the Bride "He bought me a blender" kind of breakdown thing. No no. These are things that I want and pick out. So we both got really good gifts and had a nice dinner to celebrate our four years of marriage.

It's hard to believe how much has changed for us in the last four years- new jobs, new house, new state, and 2 new people in our family. Wow. Here we are on my favorite day, the day that started it all.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Happy anniversary, you crazy kids! :)

It really is amazing how much has changed over these four years. I couldn't imagine a better pairing.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary! You are definitely right in saying a lot has changed in four years! All good, just wish you weren't so darn far away! I miss you!!!

Tricia

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio