About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

30's The New 20

That's what they say and I'm hoping they're right! Since my last post, I had my 30th birthday. We actually timed it so that we'd be in California for it so I could celebrate with our family. My parents prepared a wonderful dinner and had all the family over for my birthday dinner.




That's me with the hubby after I finished opening gifts and then my dad bringing over my yummy Coldstone ice cream cake. It was a pretty laid back day, which was nothing what I imagined my 30th birthday to be. I always thought I'd have a big blowout but since we were having our big wedding reception two days later, it didn't make much sense to do a big party for the birthday too. And we'd gotten into town at 3:30 in the morning the day of my birthday so we were pretty wiped out and not up for too much. I got some very nice presents and though it was nothing I always thought it would be, it was absolutely perfect.

I'm missing the warm weather now that we're back in Iowa. It's been raining for a good part of the day and now it's supposed to snow overnight and tomorrow. It's the middle of April- I didn't expect this! After talking those who've lived here a little longer than me, I've discovered that it's not all that odd. It's been cold ever since we got back here and now this. Despite the less-than-ideal weather, Iowa is still turning out to be a pretty great place to be.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

That cake looks yummy! And I miss you already!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shelby! I hope your 30th was great. Sorry I couldn't make it to your reception. :)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio