About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Demolition and Cruiser Bikes

Though it was a very busy weekend, those were the big highlights. We officially became homeowners on Monday, hence the lack of any postings because there is stuff to do for the house every night after work! We actually camped out in the house Friday night and had a good time with that but I'm not too anxious to sleep on an air mattress again any time soon. We won't move in until the end of May because we are redoing the kitchen and who wants to live in a house without a kitchen? We're stuck with our apartment through the end of May anyhow so we're staying put for now and just working on things and getting the house ready to move into. This weekend we totally demolished the kitchen. It used to look like this:



It now looks like this:



These would be the old cabinets:



I think we both had a lot of fun swinging the big sledgehammer around and tearing all that out. We're definitely committed to doing a new kitchen now! I'm meeting tomorrow with an architect to go over our design and materials choices just so I will feel a little more comfortable with what we've decided on. After I do that, then we can put all our orders in for our flooring, cabinets, counters and appliances. A lot of it will be from IKEA and will be do-it-ourself so we'll be sure to keep you posted on the progress.

Even more exciting are the vintage cruiser bikes Rob and I picked up at a bike sale we found Saturday morning near our house. I wish I had taken pictures of them but mine is red with saddlebag-style baskets on the back and Rob's is black and white. We took them on a pretty good ride this morning and they did great! I need to get some white wall tires on mine and Rob's needs a little tuning up too but for how old they are, they are in amazing shape. And just in time for Bike to Work Week which, in Iowa, is May 12th-18th but I'm sure you have it sometime around then too!

1 comments:

Nanette said...

Sooo exciting! I can't wait to see (in person) how it all turns out!

And as for Bike to Work Week? I don't think my PF cruiser will do too well on the 405, so I'll have to pass.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio