About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wedding Reception- The Party Continues...

Since Rob and I had a very small wedding when we got married (only about 15 people), we really still wanted to find a way to celebrate with our friends and family. So when we went back to California two weeks ago, we did just that. We were able to have the reception at a fabulous restaurant in Visalia, Fugazzi's , since it is typically closed on Sundays. I thought it would be outrageously expensive to rent out an entire restaurant but it actually was one of the best deals I found. The decor and food there is awesome so there wasn't much to do to plan it out. It turned out to be great! I would recommend it to anyone based on the food, service and the space. Rob and I had a great time visiting with everyone but we learned just how hard it is to be the bride and groom at a big wedding. At ours, we just got to talk and hang out with everyone all day and night but this time; in fact, most of our guests were with us for 2 or 3 days. But this time, we had to make all the rounds and, sadly, only got a short few minutes with everyone. It was so good to see so many people on our visit out to California even if I didn't get to spend nearly as much time with everyone as I would've liked. Here's some photos of the festivities.

Rob and I with some of our friends that we used to get to work with. I miss them all so much!


Me and Nanette, my matron of honor


People arriving at the party


Our cake, designed to look like a bigger version of our first wedding cake

1 comments:

Nanette said...

It was such a nice event, Shelb. You and your family did a great job planning it. And I'm thankful that I got to see you the night before, because you were quite the busy bride the day-of. :-)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio