About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, April 22, 2007

America's Sport

I took my wife to the best sprint car track in the world last night. It has been five years since my last trip out.



I tried to impart upon her the significance of this activity. Getting a pit pass to the infield of this place is on all sprint car fans and teams' to do list. I recently saw an advertisement for the Travel Channels "1,000 Places to See." I have not checked their list, but I am sure that Knoxville Raceway is on there.

While waiting for hotlaps to finish and get into the infield, we stood by the Turn 4 gate. My wife's simple, yet clear reaction to the cars running by was, "Holy cow, that's fast!"

To give you an idea of how fast the cars are moving at Knoxville, please look at the attached photos. I know we are not professional photographers, but just so you know, Shelby had the camera on the action setting. Those streaks in the photos over my shoulder are the cars running by. A couple of cars did not fare too well during the evening. I ran over to see if I could help get them back out on the track. Well, after surveying the damage, it was easier to inventory what was still straight on the car, rather than what needed to be replaced.



Track was slick with a cushion on the wall, and a narrrow band of moisture around the bottom. This equals great racing. I wish more tracks around the country would figure this out. I was jumping around and cheering on drivers that I did not necessarily care for, but the racing was great. It is fun to be a fan again...for now.

One other thing, there were 60 plus cars last night and the racing (C, B, and A for 360s & B, and A for 410s - including three red flags during the night) was done by 10:30.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio