About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Office Christmas Party

Yesterday we had our Christmas party at work which was a potluck during the lunch hour. Not so impressive if you look at the Christmas party Brent and Nanette went to for Brent’s work but this is Iowa. We do jello salad, not celebrities. As a matter of fact, jello salad is exactly what I brought. I love it and would love to get a jello cookbook with all kinds of jello salad in it. Yum! I actually signed up to bring that because I can do that in my sleep and I don’t have to worry about screwing it up. But I had a second, secret dish that I wanted to make to but it was a new one and I didn’t want to advertise it in case things went poorly. It was a triple layer Lemon Raspberry Cake, the best kind of cake. For the few of you that know what Brent and Nanette’s Lemon Raspberry wedding cake tasted like, it wasn’t nearly that good. But nothing is. Still, this was a very good looking and tasting cake. The recipe seemed easy enough to make and it definitely was. The triple layer factor made it seem very impressive, as did the fresh raspberries and lemon zest curls on the top. I received several compliments on it, some even still today from people I didn’t even realize I worked with or who had eaten it. I wish I had taken some pictures of it before it had been enjoyed so much. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my camera with me so this is the only picture I did get of it and it was with my cell phone camera. Let’s just pretend it originally looked like the picture on the Betty Crocker website, okay, because that’s close enough!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Get down with your bad self! What a beautiful cake!

Nanette said...

That cake looks SOOOO GOOD! Great job, Betty Crocker!

Also, if it makes you feel any better, my office work party will be miniscule in comparison to the wild one Brent's company had. In fact, I'm planning our office party. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice berries

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio