About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, December 10, 2007

Oh Tannenbaum

Rob mentioned our Christmas tree in the last post and I have been meaning to post some pictures of Christmas-y living room ever since. I just didn't want to do it until I got a tree skirt so you don't have to look at our ugly tree stand and scrap of carpet that the stand is sitting on! Every year I think, "I really need to get a tree skirt to cover everything" but I end up using an old white sheet which has worked well and been free. Somehow in all my moving around since last Christmas, I lost the white sheet. It could be in one of the boxes that are still full of stuff and sitting in the garage but it wasn't worth looking for. I finally broke down and spent $4.99 on a new red tree skirt at Target last Friday. It turned out to just be a big round piece of felt with some scalloped edges so I had to do some modifications to get a slit on one side and get the middle cut out for the tree. I also picked up a nativity scene while I was there, something I had been wanting for a while but could not find one I liked. There was a really nice that was about $50 but I bought the one for $10. It's still really nice and I didn't want to spend a fortune on it, especially since Rob wasn't with me. I tried to find links to both these items on Target's website but they were not on there. Bad Target!

So! Now we have a tree skirt, a nativity set and I am ready to share what the living room looks like, all Christmas-ed out.





0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio