About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, January 28, 2008

Heat Wave

This morning when I got out of bed at 6:00 a.m. it was 40 degrees here- in Iowa! It is just downright warm out there. I’ve heard varying reports regarding the high for today but they are between 47 and 50. Somebody get me my shorts! We’ve been building up to this for a few days so I have been enjoying the warmer weather for a while now but this is just about the end of it. Tomorrow it’s supposed to cool down (18 degrees is the high and -1 is the low) and probably even snow. It is fun while it lasts though and I’m going to enjoy every second of it.

It was a good weekend for us- some fun stuff and some rest time too. Friday night we rented 3:10 to Yuma and we both thought it was a very good movie. We both really like westerns so that’s no surprise. Saturday morning we made it to the gym but ended up going to a different gym because the first one that’s closest to our house was crazy-busy. We were having none of that so we drove to another one which was much less crowded. Then we tried to go to Panera’s to get a little breakfast but that was also crazy-busy so we went home and Rob made crepes. It was his first attempt at them and they were pretty good. Later in the day while I cleaned up the house, Rob went and did the grocery shopping. We were both tired after that so we just watched tv and ordered a pizza. Since I’ve been pregnant, I can’t get enough pizza- Rob has to keep an eye on me because I’ve been known to eat half of a large pepperoni. I probably could have kept going too but he stopped me. It’s just soooo good! Last night we went to see Martina McBride in concert and it was…. Well, Rob made me promise that he could blog about it so I’ll let him tell it in the next post.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio