About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oh Baby

So hopefully most of you already know about this, but Rob and I are expecting a baby at the end of June! My due date is June 26th and we are both sooo excited. We found out pretty early but kept it a secret until Christmas (I was about 13 weeks along at that point) when we told our family and then have been telling everyone else after that. Everything is going great and I feel really good right now. I had no energy the first trimester which was not fun. I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. I just wanted to sit and be quiet. I wasn't sick hardly at all so yay for that! I didn't feel much like eating but I didn't feel sick either. After the first trimester, my energy levels and stomach returned to normal and everything is going along great now. We have an appointment for next Thursday to find out the sex of the baby and it is killing me to wait! I don't know how people can spend their whole pregnancy not knowing. I can see how it would be cool, I just can't see how they actually do it. We haven't bought much yet since we are waiting to see if we should be buying girl or boy things. We talk about names some but I think it will be a while, maybe even until after the baby is born, before we make a decision on that. I am sure there will be plenty of crazy stories over the next few months but for now, things are still pretty normal. I'm not showing yet but I'll put up some pictures throughout the pregnancy of the expanding belly. There have been no wacky cravings yet but if I have them, I'll be sure to share.

It continues to be very cold here- The Weather Channel says it is 0 degrees right now and -13 with the wind chill. Brrr. The good news is that tomorrow is our last cold day and then we'll be warming up for the next 10 days. That will last us until it is time to go to California next Friday where we can definitely warm up. We're back in Iowa for a week after a 5-day visit and then we take off to Florida where it will be nice and warm. By the time we get back from that trip, things will be starting to warm up here and most of the snow should be done with. It feels good to finally see the (sun)light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comments:

Nanette said...

*squeal*

So, so, so, sooooo excited!

Signed,
Future Auntie Nanette

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio