About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Rob, The Guitar Hero

Nanette and Brent gave us a pretty awesome Christmas present- Guitar Hero II, with the red Gibson SG guitar. It got here last week and Rob has pretty much been playing it ever since.




I'm enjoying it too but he likes to play it every day! He's already at the medium level and I'm barely out of the training sessions. I think we'll be needing to get Guitar Hero III soon because he'll have this one conquered. I'll just keep plugging along :o)

This weekend was a pretty uneventful one. It seemed like we were out and about and doing quite a bit of shopping last weekend but this weekend was a lot slower. I went out and bought groceries yesterday so I could make pork chops and rice for dinner last night. Rob was helping a friend fix his car and his wife's car while I was out running around. We did go out to a delicious breakfast Saturday morning which was nice. I love to take the paper and read it at breakfast and do my Jumble. This morning I woke up with a headache so I took some tylenol and laid around until it went away. After that, I cleaned up the kitchen, bathrooms, floors- pretty much everything. Yay :o( The floors were grossing me out and they needed a super-duper cleaning which they got. Rob went out and bought me a Swiffer WetJet that I had been wanting. I absolutely hate to mop and thought this would make it easier. It does and it doesn't. It worked really well on the vinyl flooring in the bathroom but it wasn't so great on the tile in the kitchen and entry. It just doesn't get the grout areas very well. I also thought it was hard to see where the mop spray solution stuff was going and how much was coming out. On the plus side, the mop solution smells wonderful. I'm sure I'll keep using it but it wasn't quite the easy-breezy mopping experience I was expecting.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Brent and I are so excited that you guys are enjoying the game!

Rachel said...

I also have a love/hate relationship with my Swiffer WetJet :-)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio