About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Iowa!



We have a lot more snow on the ground now but it's not snowing today. Or at least not yet. That picture was taken in our backyard almost 3 weeks ago and it came out so nice for our Christmas card. We had a fun morning with Rex opening all his presents and Rob and I even had a few to open too. But mostly, Rex had all the presents.



I think we wore him out by the time we were done with the presents.



I made a bunch of goodies to give out to our neighbors and Rob took one of the tubs to work. There were mini doughnut muffins, "garbage" cookies, Ghiradelli ultimate double chocolate cookies, eggnog sugar cookies and white chocolate/pretzel/peanut bark.



I wanted to make us personalized stockings so about a week before Thanksgiving, I went out and purchased my supplies. I got Rex's mostly done but then I was not real sure I like it so I stopped. Last night I decided I wanted to finish them so we each had our own stocking Christmas morning. I'm so glad I did because they turned out pretty cute after all!



I am not even sure what we will be having for dinner- we have a few options so we will see how we feel at dinner. I did so much cooking while my parents were here, all the baking I just mentioned and then I made a roast last weekend too so I never got inspired to cook a big meal for Christmas day. Anyhow, its just a nice lazy day around here. We hope you all are having a nice day too with your family- Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the pictures are great. The stockings really turned out well too.

Anonymous said...

What a great Christmas picture!

I love the snow

Rachel said...

Where's Stuart's stocking?

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio