About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Review and Photo Updates

Thanksgiving Day was really nice at our house. It was a little chilly outside but no snow like we had last year on Thanksgiving. We cranked up our new pellet stove though so it was toasty warm in our house. We watched some of the parade on tv in the morning. Rob worked on getting the new bookshelves together in the living room and hanging the tv on the wall while I cooked the dinner. He did help a little- he cut up the apple for the stuffing but when he cut his finger doing that, we decided maybe I should just work on the food while he worked on his projects and watched Rex. We had a menu similar to last year- turkey breast, mashed potatoes (they may seem a little crazy- I had never heard of putting cream cheese in mashed potatoes- but they were the best I have ever had), cornbread/apple/sausage stuffing, sweet potatoes (just used large can of sweet potatoes instead of acorn squash), green bean casserole, cranberry jello salad and crescent rolls. Tons of food for two people but to cover everyone's favorites, it's necessary.




Rex's latest favorite thing to do is make the coughing sound. He's not actually coughing, it is just a new noise that he likes to make. Over and over and over... Rex is getting the hang of eating now. Most of it is actually getting swallowed instead of it coming right back out and landing on his bib. You just have to be careful of flying arms because he gets pretty excited sometimes and there have been a few times the bowl and/or spoon have almost been launched from the highchair.




And finally, our projects. Now that the stove is in and running and the bookshelves and tv are also in place in the living room, we can finish getting that just the way we want it. It's not quite there yet but it's getting better all the time- looking better and being more organized.



The "trucker bath" as it was known has been done for a while but I just never got pictures up of it so here are some.

Before:


Rob putting down the floor tiles ("You're a bad, bad tile and no one will ever love you!"- just kidding.):


And the vastly improved "Guest Bath"- it's kind of hard to tell in these photos but trust me, it's way better now:


There used to be a cabinet with doors here but we took it down to install open shelving which works much better for us. Now we have a place to store laundry baskets and Rex's bathtub.


Update on the camera situation. We still have not found the charger for our camera so most of the photos above were taken using our videocamera which I now know takes horrible still shots. I had to doctor the photos up a bunch and still some are not so great. We can't decide what to do about the situation. I am still in favor of getting a new camera but I've yet to convince Rob. You can't find a charger in stores because the camera is 4 years old and is certainly out of date. I spent $350 on it and you can get a better one now for $120. I will keep working on Rob though and hopefully we'll get a new one for Christmas!

1 comments:

Bonique and Josh said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog. I enoy reading yours. I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving together. Rex is so cute! Take care.

Bonky : )

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio