About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful

The weather outside is frightful. The fire is, indeed, delightful. But we had so many plans and I just did not need it to snow right now!! My parents were here visiting for a week and luckily they got out okay. They got a pretty good dose of snow and cold though while they were here! We all enjoyed their visit and had a nice little Christmas celebration their last night here. Here they are spending some time with their grandson.



So I was supposed to host Bunco at my house last Friday night. I went out Wednesday and bought all my supplies just in time for all the craziness to hit last Thursday. We ended up canceling it. Boo. I had to cancel my dental cleaning for last Thursday afternoon because of snow and possible ice. It did not start snowing until later so I could have made it but it's just so hard to know. Rex's 6-month old pictures were scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and we had to cancel that because of the snow and blowing snow. I was able to take him today because it actually was not snowing for once. Of course, it was -3 degrees (and I think about -20 with the wind chill) out then so I had to bundle us both up and take lots of extra precautions to try and protect Rex from the weather as best I could. We've had blizzard warnings, ice storms (very little of that thankfully), snow, blowing snow, sleet wind and all kinds of craziness. Brrr. We stayed in our jammies for a while Saturday morning since there was no way we were going out anywhere. Here's Rob and Rex hanging out on the couch that morning.



Rex turned 6 months old on Saturday so we bought him some big boy food to eat. We got him green beans, peas, carrots and bananas. We tried the green beans tonight. Here's how it went.

He was definitely interested in them to start with.


We thought it was going well.


But then Rex just totally broke down into a puddle of tears and screams. Apparently, he doesn't care for green beans. Glad I bought 3 more containers of them.


We made him rice cereal after the meltdown and he couldn't have been happier.


We decided we will wait until his 6-month check-up that is scheduled for next Monday before we try feeding him food again. We'll talk to the pediatrician about how we should go about feeding him and tell him about our experiences this far. He fell asleep after the rice cereal and a bottle- I think we just wore him out today.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

6 months already! Wow!

K said...

He's very cute! I don't know what your pedi will tell you but I have heard that babies need to try new flavors at least 10 times before they "don't like them"??? I've also heard friends say babies do better with fruits early on (maybe because they are sweeter?) but anyway - not advice just some stuff I've heard. Not that you would take advice from a complete stranger who reads your blog from Nanette's (and she doesn't even know me either)! :) Merry Christmas!

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio