About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Circle of Life

Last week, I celebrated another birthday. We had pizza- I really wanted that because I have been keeping to my diet and workouts faithfully and have not had pizza for quite a while. Rob also got me a little pink champagne cake which was so yummy and very thoughtful of him.



The circle of life continues on for me and also for everything else. Alas, this week we are in mourning for the passing of a dear friend- the bouncy seat. It took all the abuse Rex has dished out for the past 9 1/2 months and finally had all it could take yesterday. I heard the sound of metal snapping and looked over and saw Rex with his butt on the ground and he was laughing- he thought it was so funny! So then we were both laughing and I told Rob on the phone and then we all had a good laugh.



When Rob got home an hour later, we rushed out to Target to get a suitable replacement. The new one goes up to the toddler stage and holds a 40 pound child so we should be good for a while now. He seems to like it pretty well and likes the new toys on it. I think he is still a little confused about where his old one is though.



In other Rex developments, he is now taking his naps in his crib in his room. It turns out this was excellent timing since he used to nap in the dearly departed bouncy seat. Rob's parents were here for a visit and I just didn't want to be tiptoeing around him while he napped in the living room anymore. So I decided last week that it was time for naps to be taken in his room and in his bed. The first two days he put up a bit of a fight but it's been going pretty well since. And I am enjoying the freedom that I get with this arrangement. I used to rock the seat with my foot, close the drapes in the living room and keep it very quiet. Now I can watch tv, talk on the phone and do all kinds of things. I could even nap (like I plan on doing this afternoon) and blog (like I'm doing now)!

P.S. - Happy 3 Year Anniversary to Brent and Nanette!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Awwww, poor little bouncy. Em has that same rocker, but in an elephant motif! She recently learned how to pull the elephant in the middle to get the song to play!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! :)

Rachel said...

Bye-bye bouncy! Goose still plays with hers...baby doll Zoe is taking a "nap" in it right this moment. But is it really considered a nap when you're placed in it upside down?

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio