About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rex's First Ride

I put Rex's Walk N' Ride together on Monday and the kid is loving it.



His Gram and Gramps got this for him on their visit when Rex was born. They bought his cousin Lucy one and I think she put more miles on it than our XTerra has! She pushed that thing all over the place for months. Anyhow, since it worked so well for her and really got her mobile, it seemed like a good idea to get one for Rex too. I shouldn't make any claims yet but I think he's going to put a lot of miles on his too. He likes to sit on it and push himself backwards. He can't really make it go forward yet so that's pretty funny to just keep watching him go backwards on the thing. He also pulled himself up to a standing position for the first time on Monday by grabbing onto the handle when it was in the "walk" mode (as opposed to the "ride" mode) so that was pretty exciting for all of us. We were not too surprised because we knew he was strong enough- there just is not a good place in our house for him to be able to try it.

Rex has had a few other accomplishments and new tricks lately. He can turn the pages in the books when we are reading. He can high five- he will keep slapping your hand though as long as you keep it up there. He doesn't understand that you just hit it once, probably because when I was teaching him we did it over and over so now he just thinks that is how you do it. Rex can also turn off the light switch when we are leaving a room. His fifth tooth (it's on the bottom) came in a week or so ago. He is moving into size 18 month clothes which is a little troublesome because it is hard to find him pants in that size- all the stores seem to just have shorts now but he still needs to wear pants. Lots of changes around here. In the last month, my baby has been changing into a little boy and it's fun to watch and see him grow and change but I think I'm also going to miss the baby stage.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Look out baseboards-here comes REX!
(p.s.-Nanette, you've got to get one for Em! She'll love it!)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio