About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Saturday, November 28, 2009

"It Looks Like Miley Cyrus Is Doing a Concert"

Our Thanksgiving was really nice. Rob and I had talked about eating around 1:00 or 2:00 but when it was time to get going Thursday morning, we were not moving very fast. We decided to have a big pancake breakfast and eat thanksgiving dinner at 5:00 or 6:00 instead. In order to make sure we both get our thanksgiving day favorites, we have to make a lot of food.



There was turkey (just a breast, not the whole thing), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, jello, cranberry sauce, crescent rolls and green bean casserole. Rob tried to make some gravy but we won't talk about that. Everything else turned out great though. Rex's favorite part was the meat.



What a difference from last year. Last Thanksgiving he had just started eating a little rice cereal a couple days before. It's much better to share all that food between three people instead of just two. I spent a lot of the day thinking about everything I am thankful for and it is just amazing to think about how many wonderful family and friends we have and how blessed we are.

Later that evening, around 11:00 p.m., Rob took off for the Toys R Us in Des Moines to get Rex's big Christmas present. It is something we wanted to get him but couldn't afford to at the regular price but with the smokin' doorbuster deal, it was doable. Toys R Us was supposed to open at midnight and when Rob got there about 15 minutes before, he called and said, "It looks like Miley Cyrus is doing a concert in the parking lot or something!" There was nowhere to park and the line to get in the store was crazy long, probably about 1,000 people he thought. The most surprising thing to me was that he said there were a LOT of kids there. Huh? Shouldn't they be asleep? And why would you take them with you to buy their presents? I still can't figure that out. Anyhow, we both agreed it wasn't worth all that so he turned around and came back home. We were trying to come up with other options for the gift but I found it online Friday morning for only $20 more and the shipping was super-cheap so we did that instead. I am so happy that we are still going to be able to get him the gift we really wanted.

Yesterday afternoon I had an appointment with the doctor and the baby and I are both doing very well. It was pretty quick- I did get to hear the heartbeat though which is so cool. It was not smart of me to see the doctor the day after Thanksgiving because weighing in was just ugly. I gained 4 pounds this month but I suppose between the turkey dinner and all the In-N-Out burgers and Mexican food I ate in California, I should be very thankful that it was only 4 pounds!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Only 4 pounds? I think I gained 4 pounds during the past 6 hours!!!!!! Tell us more about the gravy! :-)

Nanette said...

I gained 4 lbs. looking at your pictures! ;)

Can't wait to hear what Santa is getting Rex! If Em was old enough for a play kitchen, he'd bring her one of those. Otherwise I'm still stumped.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio