About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy (Belated) Valentine's Day!

We had a very nice Valentine's Day weekend. Most of our valentine-y things actually happened on Saturday, Feb 13th. I made a nice dinner that night for us which included some special cupcakes for dessert.



The cupcakes looked exactly like I wanted them to but they did not taste so good (too dry). I used a recipe from Martha Stewart Everyday Food magazine. I have not had very good luck with recipes from that magazine. In fact, the worst thing I have ever made came out of a past issue. It was an asian steak salad and there was nothing good about it. It all went straight in the trash. I made a roast and it seems we are finally figuring out how to cook a roast the way we want it. Yay!! The secret is to get a chuck roast and cook it in an oven bag in the oven. We've cooked them many, many different ways in the crockpot and even on the stove and it never was the falling-apart-roast like we wanted. You always had to slice the meat. It wasn't perfect still but with a few adjustments, it will be. Anyhow, our dinner was very nice and the cupcakes were okay but my favorite part of the day was when Rob brought these home for me.



Wow! I was so surprised and excited when he gave me these!! He went out Saturday morning to do a few things which I thought probably included getting me a Valentine's Day card but I was totally not expecting this. They are so beautiful and smell great. Good job, honey ;o)

We watched the Daytona 500 race on Sunday which took a long time. Chunks of the asphalt on the track came up and it took a couple hours to repair that. Glad nothing like that happened 2 years ago when we were there! Rob actually picked the winner too so he was proud of himself. The winner, Jamie McMurray, was a longshot to put it nicely. In fact, I heard them say that Vegas had him down for 30:1 odds. Too bad we didn't make a trip to Vegas and place some bets- we could be rich right now! I planned on making lettuce wraps and buffalo wings to snack on while watching the race but it didn't happen. It was a nice relaxing day and I had a good time all weekend with my two sweethearts.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio