About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, February 26, 2010

Give Life - Donate Blood

I added a little something new to the blog yesterday- the give life/donate blood badge I found on the Red Cross's website. I have donated blood since shortly after my 17th birthday when my high school held a blood drive. It seemed to be a good way to get out of class for a while and here I am, almost 16 years later, still donating. I have to take a little break now while I am pregnant so I thought maybe I could encourage someone else to go. Some people are not eligible to donate but you can check here to see if you might be. If you do go and get turned down, try again! I was turned down once last year because my iron was too low (usually it is really high) so I went back two days later. I was fine that day and was able to donate. You can make appointments with most or all blood banks so the process for whole blood donation is not very long at all. Don't be scared about the needle- the nurses all do this so much that you can hardly even feel it. It is so easy and a fantastic way to help someone else out- AND you get to eat cookies and ding dongs when you finish!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio