About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, March 19, 2010

Shamrock Shake- Finally!

I have never had a Shamrock Shake from McDonalds. Every year, I want to try it but since I never go to McDonalds, I never seem to get one. I think I started talking about trying it a month or so ago and decided I would get one on St. Patrick's Day. Well, I meant to go out in the afternoon to get one but I forgot until about 9:00 pm that night and then I was completely stuffed from dinner. Rob told me they would still have them the next day so I headed over around lunchtime on Thursday, March 18th to get my very first Shamrock Shake. I should have taken a picture of this event but I didn't have a camera with me and I couldn't wait to get it home to take a picture first. I have to say, it was pretty tasty. I like mint flavored things so I enjoyed it. Maybe I'll have another in 32 years but hopefully sooner!

The weather has warmed up this week and Rex and I were able to go on two walks. Now it's snowing today but at least we had some warm weather and we'll get some again next week. Yay for temps in the 60s!



Rex and I actually had a special guest for our first walk- Rob's parents are visiting so Rex was lucky enough to have his Gram join us! Rob and his dad have been busy working on things around the house while Gram and I have been entertaining Rex. Or rather, Rex has been entertaining us. We're all having a great time and Rex and Gram took some time to enjoy the sunny outdoors yesterday afternoon.



I went to one of my doctor appointments yesterday and everything is going along just fine. I have noticed a lot more pain in my hips this time but I think it's from carrying around a 30+ lb child and being 7 months pregnant. Other things seem better this time around, like heartburn and leg cramps, so I guess I won't complain too much about the hip pain. We talked more about inducing me at 39 weeks and it looks like this baby will probably be here on May 19th or 21st. My doctor said we'll figure it out exactly as the time gets closer. Only 61 or 63 more days to go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the new kid coming on May 20? XOXO from Nana

Shelby said...

My doctor is on call Wednesdays and doesn't do inductions on Thursday- so no May 20th.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio