About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Birthday Recap and Other News

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a very good day. Rob took the morning off from work to watch Rex so I could go to my doctor appointment. It was just a quick check-up (I am on the once-every-two-weeks schedule now) and everything was fine. I'm measuring bigger than I was at this point with Rex and on the bigger side in general. It looks like I will have another ultrasound once we get a little closer to delivery time so we can see just how big this guy is. I had a dream a few nights ago that the baby weighed 24 lbs 4 oz when he was born so obviously I have been a little concerned about this kid being huge. I told my doctor about the dream and we both had a good laugh about a 24 pound newborn. Anyhow, I came home to find that Rob had done all the dishes, vacuumed the living room rug and decorated for my birthday. It was so sweet and such a nice surprise.



They also had my gift and card ready so we opened my presents and then it was time to take Rob to work. Rob really wanted to take me out to dinner but sometimes eating out with Rex is more of a chore than a relaxing thing so I opted to get pizza instead. We ate our pizza and watched Lost which is a great night, if you ask me. I had another good surprise yesterday too for my birthday- our daffodils started blooming!



The weather has been wonderful lately so it was not a big surprise that all our bulbs are jumping out of the ground now. Rex and I have been on quite a few walks now and on Monday, I took him to the park too. I had visions of taking him on the slide this year but I can't quite make it up to the top of the slide and probably going down one isn't a good idea either. We settled for some swinging and running around instead. As I mentioned before, he can count to five and recognizes the numbers too so he had a good time with one part of the playset, in particular.





0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio