About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hardworkin' Man

As promised, this post is about my wonderful husband. I love you honey!

Rob was a busy guy this weekend. When he got home Friday night after work, he mowed the yard for the first time in 2010.



Then he watched Rex for a while and fed him dinner while I went to get my hair cut. (That's a story- and a picture- for another time though.) We all played in the backyard for a while when I got home and called it a night not too much after that. Saturday morning, we went to a big festival thing in the area. The idea was to get there during the parade, watch part of it and then find some yummy food to eat. Since we got there as the parade was going on, we didn't get a very good spot to watch it. Luckily, Rex has a very tall daddy and he could still see things pretty good from where we were.



The next item on the agenda was eating. The big thing to get, that special food that everyone just has to have, is a cherry pie. I don't ever have to have cherry pie (yuck) no matter where I am so Rob and Rex shared one.



It is tempting to let you all think I was just being good and avoided the sweets but that would be a lie. I hit up the homemade ice cream stand and also bought a small bag of homemade fudge to bring home. We didn't stay as long as I thought we would- I have been having a lot of pain in my lower back and I didn't want to walk around any longer. Anyhow, we came back home and Rob had another first for 2010- he went out to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls. I wasn't really up for cooking dinner that night so we got some takeout and watched the ridiculously long (20 innings!) Mets-Cardinals game on tv. Yesterday we did a lot of work in the backyard while Rex ran around and had fun in the sunshine. We also cleaned up our bike shop (3 season room) since it tends to get thrashed during the winter. We spent a good amount of time fixing it up last summer and wanted it to look good again and be usable this summer as well. Finally, since Rob had worked on his swing over the weekend, it was time for him to help Rex with his putting. Rex did MUCH better than I was expecting- as in, he actually hit it. His technique could use a little help but not bad for his first time!



My one suggestion for next time though would be to work on the putting outside rather than inside the house. It was a busy weekend where we had a lot of fun and also got a lot accomplished.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio