About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend Recap

Our weekend absolutely flew by! I had a huge list of things I wanted to get done and I think the only thing that was accomplished was some of the landscaping work. We were busy all the time so I don't know what happened or where all the time went. Now that spring is here, there is so much to do both inside and outside the house- taking down storm windows, tons of yard work and many other things I either didn't have to deal with in California or it was a lot less work. And then we have some preparation still to do before the new kid's arrival so there is a lot going on here at our house.

I went out Saturday morning to get stuff for Rex's Easter basket. Not smart waiting so late but I couldn't take him with me so it was hard to find a good time to go. I got the favorite Easter candies for Rob (the original Cadbury creme eggs and Whoppers Robin Eggs) and me (Cadbury mini eggs and Starburst jelly beans) and picked up some good presents for Rex so it was a successful trip as it turned out. Sunday morning I put the basket together and gave it to him with our yummy breakfast- waffles with whipped cream and strawberries!



I put all the candy in the basket but Rob and I will be eating that, not Rex. He did just fine so don't feel too bad for the guy. He got a new book with Elmo in it, a bottle of bubbles (which he loved!) and a See & Say. I still have my See & Say from when I was a kid but I don't really want him to play with it. It may have made it through my childhood and 30+ years on this planet, but I don't know that it could handle Rex. He had a good time playing with the See & Say, empty Easter bucket and plastic eggs for the rest of the day.



I had an interesting development recently- it seems I may have some pregnancy-induced restless leg syndrome. So weird! I always thought it sounded like a pretty silly condition but it is not silly or funny. It's really irritating. I feel like I have to move my legs or they will just explode or something. Like I said, it is really weird. I did a little internet checking (not always the most reliable source, I know) and read on some pregnant mommy forums that a lot of other pregnant women experience the same thing and found that iron supplements or calcium and magnesium supplements made it go away. I started taking my prenatal vitamins a little before bedtime (when I was having so much trouble) and it seems to have fixed the problem for now. I will still talk to my doctor next week about it but at least I can get some relief until then.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio