About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Friday, April 30, 2010

Number 8

This post is number 8 for April which means I've met my blogging goal every month so far like I resolved to do this year. Yay for me!

I went to the doctor last Wednesday for my now weekly check-up. If you are wondering where I am on a Wednesday afternoon, that is where I'll be for the next few weeks. Everything is continuing to go very well. Last time, my doctor was concerned about how large I was measuring at this point with Rex and I'm even a little bigger at 36 weeks this time around. I had to do an ultrasound to see how big Rex was and he was big, but he didn't get much bigger after this point. My doctor thinks this is probably going to be the same way- that there won't be much more growth between now and delivery- so we are holding off on an ultrasound for now. We talked about it and she offered to let me do one but there wasn't much to be gained or anything she would do differently so I decided to pass. My insurance company probably thanks me for saving them a few hundred dollars. As my doctor was leaving the exam room, I told her, "See you next Wednesday" and she told me, "See you then- or call us if you go into labor!" Yikes. I honestly have not even thought about that. I had to be induced last time and we've just been planning on doing it that way again and I forgot that I could actually go into labor. It seems a little weird to me to have a baby that way since my only experience was not like that. I just think you show up to the hospital at your scheduled time with your suitcase, get checked in and settled and then start your labor and have a baby. As long as this baby doesn't come before Rob's parents get here, I'm fine with whatever way he decides to make his entrance!

We have a lot to do this weekend. The biggest item on my agenda is to get someone to help us move furniture around so I can get the baby's room set up. Other than that, I'd like to get a few things planted in the back yard and some work done out there. But getting the house and the bedrooms in order and making this place ready for the baby is my main concern right now. I need to get stuff out of the basement too- the bassinet, carseat, suitcase and make sure all that is ready to go. There is still a lot to do and only 19 days left!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio