About 2054 Miles

In February 2007, my husband and I packed up all our belongings, drove 2054 miles and moved from California to Iowa. This blog is about my and my husband's adventures, which mainly now feature our two boys- 5 year old Rex and 3 year old Wyatt.

About Me

My Photo
Shelby
Iowa, United States
I have a wonderful husband and two awesome little boys. I love being able to stay home with them and am always trying to do something to our house.
View my complete profile

I Love Comments!

Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog- I love to read them. We do try to keep some things private though so please don't use our last name or where we work and live in your comment. Thanks!

Donate Blood

Donate Blood

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

14 Hours To Go

I have about 5 minutes to write this post today and really, I don't even know that I have that much time but I'm taking it. Being scheduled to give birth (barring any surprises) is both good and bad. It's nice to know when it will happen but it makes you kind of lazy. We didn't get any furniture moved until Sunday and I've been trying to cram 3 months of preparation (at least, that's how much time I spent prepping for Rex's arrival) into 3 days. The baby's room is kind of a crazy hodge-podge right now anyhow since he will be sleeping in the bassinet in our room while Rex continues to sleep in the crib for the next 2-3 months. The closet also needs to be cleaned out and I can probably think of many other things to do but they'll just all have to wait. I managed to get a lot of laundry done and my house fairly clean before Rob's parents arrive in the next hour which was my biggest goal for today. Now I just have to get the laundry put away and get my suitcase packed. That would be the suitcase that I just had Rob get for me last night out of the basement. The bassinet and car seat are still down there. Like I said, being scheduled for your delivery can make you pretty lazy. Here is one final picture of pregnant Shelby- and I mean final for, like, the rest of time.



I do have to share one more thing and that is a list of things I am looking forward to:

- Meeting my new son and sharing photos and info with everyone.
- Eating a Jimmy Johns turkey sandwich for lunch on Thursday, if not dinner tomorrow.
- Sleeping on my tummy and back. Sleeping on my side is awful though the use of a Snoogle has made it slightly better. Slightly.
- Turning around easily in car to look out rear window while backing up. So, so hard to do while pregnant.
- No more swollen hands and feet, numb fingers, heartburn, shortness of breath and sore, painful hips.
- And after some time, no more maternity clothes and having an adult beverage.

I'm sure there are plenty more things to look forward to but now Rex is awake and I have spent 20 minutes instead on this instead of the 5 I said I was going to. Time to get Rex, clean the bathroom, put laundry away and get ready to go out to dinner! Then back home to watch Lost, pack and try to get some sleep tonight. Somehow, after all of today's activities/chores, I don't think it will be a problem.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio